Fintech Fusion – the Swiss Fintech Innovation Platform – completed its first 12 month Accelerator in October.
We are delighted to announce the results achieved:
- 1 startup grew its turnover from 0 to several millions within 6 months
- 1 startup was spotted by an internet giant and in discussion for a potential acquisition
- 6 startups were able to push “Proof of concept” in the market and/or were able to bring on board their first clients thanks to the Fusion Network
- 3 startups were able to raise funds and one more is on its way to closing a seed round
- All of the startups greatly benefited from the visibility provided by Fusion, the value added and the network of mentors & partners.
The aim of Fusion is to create a thriving ecosystem of FinTech startups, which will boost and reinforce Switzerland’s reputation as a financial hub. Unlike most accelerators, Fusion takes no upfront equity stake in startups it accelerates. Fusion’s unique multi-sector and multi-partner approach, brings together a broad group of stakeholders: corporate members (Temenos, Notz Stucki, Swisscard and BNP Paribas); resource partners (Capco, id est avocats, Kudelski Security); and academic partners (IDIAP, Heig-VD and HEG Genève).
Needless to say we are very excited about the second program, which has just kicked off!